1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a couple of them in one

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by myra, Sep 2, 2008.

1. myra

Well the first person i officially came out to was David. And we did that at the same time at a football game. He actually has the whole thing on here if you want to read that. I don't feel like typing it all up. He's on here as Davey. *mwah* Love you.

That night, after david, I came out to my boyfriend through text. Before that, I'd spent a few weeks asking what he'd think if i was bi. He'd always respond "that's hot." Always. When I told him he's like..."what? Really? you weren't kidding. wow." I shocked him but he's really over it now and just says since i like girls too we have more in common. Its been almost a year since i told him that so obviously he's accepting.

Then it got more difficult when I told my mom. She's uber christian. Psycho almost. I sat her down and I think she thought I was going to say i was pregnant, so that kinda softened the blow. Her thing was, "you're my daughter and I love you....But you're going to hell making these choices." I'm like...geez. Thanks ma. One of my friends is also uber christian. She told both me and david the same thing. We need to be straight or we're going to hell. How nice right?

But whatever. Who needs people who wont accept me? Well, on the 4th I'm off to college, so I get to come out to a whole new group of people. Fun fun. I was on the phone with my future roommate and she was asking me what groups i'd be interested in joining. I told her i was going to join the LGBT one. (My school is really supportive of it. Voted one of the best actually.) She stopped for a moment and started laughing. "I thought you were a lesbian for a minute," she laughed. "then i rememebered you have a boyfriend." I was just all smooth, though i had butterflies going off in my stomach, and said back "well, actually I'm bi. Not a lesbian." She's all "Well...that's....interesting." Why is it always interesting? Lol. Then she started rambling on sounding all weirded out. But at least I told her sooner rather than later. Gave her two weeks or so to get used to the idea.

Yup yup. there's my exciting stories. Lol. Basically, i'm a "you ask i'll tell," type girl. I don't really care. Start of my senior year, I became all rainbows. Lol. I'm as open as they come i think.

2. Derek the Wolf

Congrats! Sorry to hear your mum didn't take it so well, but it always takes time for the religious to accept it. That's a great policy to have too, I won't lie to anyone who asks. :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friends, boyfriend and mum. Sorry though to hear tough that your mom didn't take it too well. She still loves you and maybe with time, she'll come around to it fully.

4. biisme

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*hug*)

5. TriBi

Way to go! Great attitude :slight_smile:

6. Davey

YAY MYRA! lol i'm like WAY late on this thread.
    i was bored and looked through the stories.
    hehe! you know me.
    know i'm going to go read my book....