1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out! And right back in again...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by darlig ulv, Jul 27, 2014.

1. darlig ulv

I go to this camp and it has the loveliest people I've had the pleasure to know. This year, confident that it would be the one place I would be surely be free from judgement, I told everyone. Slowly at first, then everyone knew, and all was well. I spent the last two weeks there out and happier than ever. In fact, in the recent years people have been so comfortable, lots of guys came out as bi (not to mention the fact that there was a gay guy in my hall in addition to several others in the camp). But sadly, this year I aged out :tears:, so now I'm back in the closet. F:***:k.

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Wow that's great if you like how it felt to be out then maybe you could take that experience and use it as motivation to come out in your home city :slight_smile:

But wow it sucks you aged out because the place you're talking about seems accepting and wonderful so I'm sorry you weren't able to return this year /.\

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations on coming out at camp! Well done!

It might not all be as bad as you feel it is at the moment. Even though you might need to start the process of letting others know again (or continuing to come out to others), you still have gained confidence, and a general sense of being comfortable with others knowing. You know what? That counts. Being comfortable with who you are, and with others knowing, is huge. I don't think you are back in the closet - you have opened the doors. :slight_smile: