1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my supportive mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by krkangel, Jul 29, 2014.

1. krkangel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom has always said to me and my brother, "I don't care if you like boys, girls or both. I will still love you." Since you guys inspired me so much I tried to come out with her. I was terrified and I even stuttered a bit when I said, "Mom, I know that we are human and we don't like change but I have news that I have known about for years now. I've decided to tell you first because you are more supportive and I know dad is more... yea, anyways im kinda scared of his reaction but First, I want to say that I am terrified saying this but I've suspected this for a while. Mom, I'm a lesbian. I've always felt repulsed by guys. I can't change this and honestly, I don't want to. This doesn't mean I love you any less, I just want you to know the real me."
    Her reaction was, "Oh, You know I'm fine with this. I still love you." Then she got up and went to bed because she when to bed at 5 am. LOL. at least she didn't cry or deny it, so that's good.:eusa_danc

2. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's great! Congratulations! My family were all a bit like that too, and it was almost disconcerting, hahaha

So are you thinking of telling your Dad as well or are you going to keep it a secret from him for the timebeing? Maybe your Mum could be present for support if you're worried about his reaction?

3. Silas

That's awesome, congrats!! :grin: