1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story The truth and only truth

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mimame, Sep 4, 2008.

1. mimame

Hey all, I wanted to post my story as it is. I hope it can inspire those of you who are feel lost fustrated etc.

First of all i knew i was gay from the age of 13-14, when i found out i was more instested in men the women.

Anways my parents got divorced when i was about 12, and my mom was pretty touched by it. This caused her to drink a lot me and my brother were living with her at that time and experienced all kind of crap from here. Everything from her being drunk when we were having a party at our house, to her kicking me out of the house late at night. At the same time i did not have too much contact with my dad, and did not feel like i had anyone to speak with.

Years went by and at the age of 17-18 i started to get really fustrated, I had two big issues in my life, my sexuality and my life at home. My first reaction was to isolate myself from the world, hiding behind a screen most of the time. When i finally went out with my friends i mostly got really drunk, and broke down infront of them. Which they thought was because of my issues with my mom. unknowing that it was the combination of both things. This went on for a couple of months, at that point i was depressive, sleepy most of the time and really didnt feel like doing anything. life was not that good, when you stuck in deep hole, you need a hand to get up.

But there was no helping hand, so it went on a bit, i quit my high school and started in another place. And things looked quite the same. At a party i finally couldnt hold my feelings back and broke down crying infront of a good friend. I told him everything, and he was supporting me 100%, The same thing happened a couple of times with other friends and soon i felt better. It really helps to speak with someone about it, After a couple of months id told most of my friends, and they all accepted it pretty well. Of course there was a lot of gossip but you know, what is new is instesting. Right now im fine im living with my brother and cousin in our appartment. I have a boyfriend and he is visiting when he wants without any troubles. He knows most of my friends and they like him we even joke about our sexuality sometimes.
    My mom is better now, she found a nice boyfriend and stopped drinking for now.

Looking back in the mirror, i probably changed a few things. I would have spoke with someone about it before it went from bad to Worst. And if i could i would accepted myself as the person i am faster then i did. I would stop lieing to myself and instead of hiding, Living life.

I learnt from this experience, that sometimes you have to do whats best for you. Even though it seems impossible.
    When it comes to your happiness, you have to put yourself first. Dont sacrifice it, to please another but do what you have to do. To get most out of life, cause as far as i know you only live once and i want to live happy in this life.

Hope you liked it, its pretty much it.

Hugs

Mike

2. biisme

Wow. I'm sad that everything started out so badly, but really happy about how everything turned out.

It's great that you have a boyfriend and your life is lookign up. It's also great that your mom has stopped drinking.

You had some very difficult years, but you made it. (*hug*)

3. Derek the Wolf

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble at home. It's always difficult when one of your parents is like that. Remember your parents still loved you, no matter how bad their problems got. In all truth, you did great. Considering your situation, you did everything you could. Don't pack in your emotions, I know that only makes the pain worse. Thanks for telling us man, and good luck with your boyfriend. Glad to hear things are looking up.

4. Noah

Congratulations! You made it through....

5. riddlerno1

thats so inspiring to hear your story and to know that these feelings do get easier to understand and live with. Thank u Mike

6. Mickey

7. Endlessnight500

Congrats. Its great that your were able to overcome those circumstances.