1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things are looking better for me.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MouseKeeper, Aug 2, 2014.

1. MouseKeeper

I may not have had the support of the other kids when I was in School, and it may have drove me to the point of thinking about self harm, and in extreme cases even suicide, but thanks to my mother who is Bi, my grandfather who is Gay, my Lord, psychiatrist, clinician, therapist, and my supportive Girl Friend, I never attempted self harm or suicide, and I received the strength to come out. I still second guess myself because of my past from the kids at school, but some guys on my first thread here gave me some good advice on moving on.

From here on, It's all in the past now. My denial, self pity, humiliation, grief, and anger, are all things of the past. What lies down the road from here, I am certain will be way better than what I'm leaving behind. I am how God made me and I'm proud of who I am. Once I tell the priest at my church, if he judges me for being bisexual, I'm sure God will support my choice to chose another church.

For any other hard feelings that may linger, I have therapy for that and a forum full of supportive people who have been through a similar hell, know how I feel and can give me good advice on feeling comfortable.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)

I'm so happy for you. You can do it. :slight_smile:

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although past events can influence the way we think and feel, we have to constantly remind ourselves that the past has been and gone. We can't change it or influence it in any way, so we have to let go. It's not easy and we will always experience bumps and scrapes on the journey, but letting go of the past is necessary if we are to move on and live a healthy life. We can, of course, use past experience as a learning tool to shape a better future for ourselves and I hope that might be the case for you.

Many people on this forum have had issues and problems with [some] churches, but they have gone on to find a way of living faithfully within a different, accepting denomination, or through personal devotion. The final word on matters of human sexuality does not rest with the church, its clergy or members.