1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well That Just Happened

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Easton, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Easton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So today I have fantastic news! So I first came out to someone back in April and I had not come out to anyone since, I have been just as if not more nervous about coming out despite having already done it once and receiving a positive reaction.

Fast forward to today and one of my very close friends who I have known for about 10 years asked me to come over for a bit. So I went over, watched TV and then he suggested we go for a walk. We went for about an hour long walk and as we were getting close to his house, things had gotten quiet and we started running out of things to talk about. SO then he asked me "So... is there anything else new that you wanted to tell me." - (Of course there is something that I've been wanting to tell you except I've been to nervous to say that I'm gay I said inside my head) So instead of saying what I wanted I replied "... Not really, anything new you wanted to tell me?" So he starts saying that he met someone that's on vacation in Toronto right now... OK so what does that have to do with anything? After another minute of silence, he said the guy in Toronto was my boyfriend. HOLY SHIT HE'S GAY! I immediately reply, OKOKOKOKOK, I'm gay too! too. :eusa_clap :icon_bigg :eusa_danc

YA, SO THAT JUST HAPPENED! One of my closest friends is gay too! He then started saying how he had first come out in October and that he had met his boyfriend (which I learned is his semi ex boyfriend) in may and they had started moving to fast and he wasn't ready for all that so they ended it. Then we went to his room and we talked for about 3 hours just about all the shit that we have gone through because were gay and it was amazing to have someone that I could relate to so closely! He's also going to the same university as me next year so I can't wait for that and it is just awesome to know that I have someone who I can go to that really understands what I'm going through

Anyways awesome job if you just read all that lol but I'm just still over the moon right now. Anyways morale of the story is support is never far away, even if you don't really know it! I feel so much better and more confident to come out now and I think this is really going to help me on my journey!

2. Gallatin

I'm glad things worked out so well for you! :slight_smile:

3. calgary

Wow that's great news. Sounds like you can be great support for each other.

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really great news. You will be able to support each other now and that will make a big difference.

5. Silas

That's awesome, congrats! :slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's wonderful that your and his coming out has brought the two of you closer together. Glad you are feeling more confident as a result! :slight_smile: