1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out for a day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Miaplacidus, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, for a day, I was out. I went to another city where my special friend and I could publicly express our sexuality. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

It was so good, sitting on that park bench and making out. Kissing for hours. Holding hands. Being gay. I felt like if a heavy load was finally taken off my back.

But then I had to come back here and back to the closet. I want to come out, but that'd mean being kicked out of this house which I can't call my home. I wish I had the money to get out of here, next January. My friends say that it will happen then, but I think it's impossible. Moving to San Francisco is my dream, but it's an expensive dream.

I need to be out. I need my boyfriend. I need to have a life.

2. crimsonarcher

you went to san francisco? i want to go there despite my age...

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I went to Montevideo... but my dream is moving to San Francisco. I'll probably do so next year.

4. jroakwood

sounds nice. the being in the city thing i mean.
    you're lucky to have been able to do that.

but the being kicked out thing just sucks.

5. xequar

It's good that you were able to get out and just live life, if even for a day...

It's too bad that you can't live your life the rest of the time, but, to try to put a positive spin on it, you can think of it as motivation. IIRC, you're 18, so you are probably getting to that point of going to college, which could mean big things for you. You're legally an adult, also, which increases your decision-making boundaries. I don't know if it's possible for you, but maybe you can start trying to plot some way out of the situation you're in now. I've had a number of friends that, although it took them awhile to do, once they got out of their parents' house, things really started to look up for them. I'm afraid I don't have any direct sage advice, but it never hurts to keep your eyes peeled for that opportunity to make a move in life.

I dunno, but do know that I'm pulling for you! And if worse comes to worse, I'm sure that some of us here have a couch you could crash on, even if it were, say, in the Detroit area... Don't let it get you down, as things will work out, even if it takes time...

6. Half-Light

I am happy for you, fred...you need to be able to express yourself and be confined to home...and, yes, you will get to San Francisco, one way or another. I believe in you bro.