1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out experiences in a nutshell.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alex94, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

WARNING this is quite long:
    "No one has heard the full story outside of my family until now... Enjoy?
    - I wasn't "brave" to tell them, I was forced out of the closet because my cousin decided to go full on psycho overnight and accuse me (based on a hunch that I was gay), her brother and our uncle or having raped her. I came out to my parents and brothers that day, because of her, I didn't "confirm" the fact that I am gay to anyone else in my family (I did officially "come out" to my parents a year later because it never felt right). My parents took it okay when I had to tell them (once my mom calmed down that is) but I was not in a very good place after having heard what she had told the cops about me and having told my parents. I was pissed off at life, myself (I thought I hid it well), her, everything and I was afraid of what my aunt thought of me because of her, I am still afraid that she doesn't look at me the same... Anyways, cops went to talk to her bother and our uncle and I was afraid constantly that they would come knocking on my door because they had planned to at first. Long story short they found out she had lied about my uncle and her brother so they never came to my place assuming she lied about me as well (which she clearly had)... They still forced her brother to move out before she returned home as a "just in case" type thing... I came out to my extended family a year later and still have a few people to tell. My life was Hell because of her, I don't talk to her anymore and I will never speak to her. I was not ready to come out to anyone in my family but had to. Am I glad they know now? Yes, of course I am it's a huge relief but I wish I could have told them on my own terms. Imagine coming home from school one day, you're doing well emotionally/physically, your actually happy for a change and then you hear that... Not fun."
    Coming out to friends was easy most were 100% okay with it those who had an issue with me were never true friends therefor I no longer talk to them and am fine with that. I came out to my friends as a freshman in high school by the way.
    "-- Bottom line is, I am not brave. I can not tell you how I came out to my parents so you can use that as an Idea of how to tell your parents because it will not help you what so ever. I am sorry but some "coming out stories" are down right horrible and that's just a fact of life."

---------- Post added 11th Aug 2014 at 01:25 AM ----------

Just realized this is the wrong section. Sorry!

2. Robins Jacket

Well I hope youre doing much better after that incident. After reading this, I feel like I should come out earlier than previously planned just in case. It actually did help because now I at least know there are worse ways then what I've planned.
    Stay strong darling and good luck with the rest of life! <3

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I am doing much better now but still have some issues within myself to work out
    - This happened about 2 years ago and I came out to my extended family just last year...
    I never thought something like that could happen but it did.
    <3 Thanks for reading this Robins Jacket.

4. flight

I'd just like to say that you are brave because you have told other people on your own terms. You also had to endure your crazy cousin. Don't say you're not brave. You're brave because you fought through all of that.

Best,

Aaron

5. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a :***:, who would do that.

But yeah we'll done for coming out and I'm glad that your life has improved now.

6. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Thank you.

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2014 at 10:43 PM ----------

I guess if you look at it that way then maybe.

7. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What A F:***: :***: your cousin is..... good, keep it that way. i don't think you need that kind of person around in your life and it's safe that you don't. i'd say take this as a lesson in life rather then just an "event" that happened. don't be too hard on yourself for what happened. it seems like you're doing well and that something that you can be proud of. no one should ever have to go through that. we all don't have that "perfect" well rounded coming out story, and theres always a trace of discrimination we would encounter along the way. it's a cruel reality, but the ones that choose to discriminate will eventually see their error of ways. so keep your head up.

8. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I will try to keep my head up, thank you.