1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotional wreak from break up promoted me to tell my mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Blossom85, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Blossom85

I kind of came out to my mum when she realized I was going through a bad time. I had met a girl online who lives in America and we were friends at first and then we both realized we had fallen for each other. We were planning on a life together with one of us moving to the other's home country. Then a few months later, she broke it off, saying that the distance was too much for her and that it was too hard not knowing when our future was really going to start as she still had a few years of college to go (she had decided to move to Australia to be with me).

I had not told anyone of our relationship and so going through such a hard breakup was too much and it was showing. My mum asked me what was wrong and I at first tried to deny it, then decided to finally tell her, with her asking me questions and helping me along. She finally picked up on the fact the person was a woman and although I think she was shocked, she really was wonderful, just telling me she wanted me to be happy and if that was with a man or a woman, then that was okay. I have not fully come out and declared I am bisexual to her or my family, however I have said I am open to any and all possibilities. Only my mum, dad and my sister and possibly her husband know along with my best friend and maybe her partner.

My best friend came out to me first.. She was the same, thought she was straight, however she met her now fiancée and it was sparks everywhere and they had this big emotional connection that not even they realized what it was to start with. She messaged me to tell her partner has proposed and she said yes and then I wound up telling her about myself and my ex girlfriend and that I was also open to anything happening and that I see myself falling for the person inside, not the person's gender which is what happened to me through online. I am so glad my best friend and I are on the same page with this and that we can really understand each other's thoughts and feelings. We have always been on the same page and this just makes me feel even closer to her now in a platonic way.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People loving people and being free to be themselves is what the rights of every human should be. I'm glad things worked out for you. Parents need to love their children no matter what and see them happy.

3. Blossom85

Thanks, the only person I would be worried about would be my grand father as he is a little old school, but he has mellowed out a lot in his older years and so perhaps even he will surprise me as well. I have heard and read some many stories of parents not accepting their children so I feel very lucky and blessed that my parents and sister are fine with it..

My brother in law even mentioned to me one day that he just wants me to find someone so I can be happy, and to be able to on double dates with my sister and myself and someone I am with and he actually mentioned not caring if it was a guy or girl and another time he mentioned wanting to know if he should set me up with girls or guys.. So I am glad my immediate family are on board and support me.

4. BiPenguin

Looking good. A nice support base for you.

5. Blossom85

Thanks, I feel lucky as I know not everyone has that kind of support around them :slight_smile: