1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by love dont judge, Aug 15, 2014.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents are accepting, and I'm completely ready to tell them, but I don't know how. Every time I've tried to say I have something to tell them, I can't get the words out. I can't stop thinking about the worst reaction they could possibly give. I want to tell them face to face, because they are my parents. Does anyone have any suggestions or stories that may help me out? I barely summoned up the courage to tell my classmates, and I don't care what they think. Any help will be much appreciated.:help:
    I should've put this in advice. sorry

#1 love dont judge, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Candace

I think that you should write down exactly what you want to say and go over it. Remember that you have one shot at this. Look at what you wrote here. They are accepting. Realize that your situation could be much worse, where the parents are completely homophobic and would beat you with every inch of your life if they knew that you were gay or bi. If you already mustered up the courage to tell your classmates, then you're doing something right :slight_smile:. You did it once, meaning that you have the capability of doing it once more. Good luck and please give us updates if you do decide to go through with it.

3. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I will try writing it down and going over it. I havent done that before.

4. Ryujin

I think I'm going to try this as well, thanks :slight_smile:

5. glw

glw Guest

I'm being a little pessimistic, I can't seem to come to terms with telling anyone. I know my parents would be accepting, but I'm just afraid of their judgment or them being mad from me holding it back. It's starting to get to me now though, because I normally over-think things.