1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by One Man Army, Aug 16, 2014.

1. One Man Army

Hey, I just wanted to share that I am no longer completely in the closet!

Following on from this thread, I came out to my straight but very accepting friend who I have known for 3 years.

As predicted, he was a little surprised but he reacted positively. He said 'good on you!' and asked me if I was ready to start dating men. His complete openness and acceptance took me by surprise, but I should have known, as he is pro-LGBT rights. I think he's happy to have an extra gay friend, and I'm happy that our friendship hasn't changed.

We discussed my sexuality for a bit, then we went back to talking about football which was fine by me. There was no awkwardness at all.

As coming out experiences went, it honestly couldn't have been any better! I'm so grateful to him that he is so open-minded and supportive. My next stage is to come out to my parents, which will be tough, but at least I am not completely in the closet anymore, and it feels great :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2. RAdam

Ohh that's awesome ! Congrats!

3. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

You're really lucky to have such a good friend. I'm sure you feel more relieved now.

As I told you in the other thread, I'm glad for you.

You have moved forward and I think your friendship will strengthen.

4. marie11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yay, I'm really happy for you! :eusa_danc

5. One Man Army

Thanks everybody :slight_smile: