I came out to the deacon and priest at my church. Interesting results.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MouseKeeper, Aug 17, 2014.

1. MouseKeeper

I finally managed to come out to the priest and the deacon at my local catholic church. I can say in total, I was 25% rejected. The deacon accepted me 100% thank god, however the priest was about half and half. He said that being Asexual is okay, however acting on my romantic orientation with another male is detestable. Not in those exact words, but close enough.

So, as long as my girlfriend and I don't split, and I don't fall in love with another man, I'll be okay. :rolle:

Whatever. I suppose it could've been worse.

#1 MouseKeeper, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. Congrats! And don't worry about the priest. In time, he may come to accept you, but if he doesn't, you can always have your own relationship with God, independent of him.

3. BiPenguin

I had 11 years of Catholic schooling and despite all their ranting against homosexuality, I've seen them support them. Say one thing, do the other.

Anyway, good stuff.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The catholic guilt I was brought up on is what kept me hating myself and in the closet so long.

Then I reread the words of Jesus. He never once denounced the LGBT demographic. In fact I bet he would have supported us wholeheartedly. I mean lepers and prostitutes... How bad can we be?

I don't put a lot of faith in doctrine and ritual that results in intolerance and hatred when one should seek spiritual solace and comfort in a house of worship rather than the feeling of you being a sinner.

I'm glad though that you got some support.