1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been 4 years.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dev, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Dev

Dev

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The cliche phrase "it gets better" is true. I didn't think so 4 years ago when I came out and I sure as hell didn't think I would ever to be able to come out at all when I was growing up. My dad was and is a Man's man and I knew I was gay since 2nd grade when I had a crush on my best friend Kai. I never really had a feeling towards my mom's view on homosexuality but Dad...I knew all my life he hated us. He would sit and watch Fox news and get angry about the fags and shows with fags (his word) he would yell and holler about how he didn't think they should be allowed to do anything at at one point said some of us should be shot. SO coming out was not in my future.

I finished high school, took a year off to help at home and then went to college. During college I met this guy online on a forum for furries (don't judge) We grew close and decided to make a change. That change happened to be Juneau Alaska. So after about a year of planning and being in loooooove I lied to my parents about why I was going and planned to come out later, like after I had established my life with my boyfriend! Hmmm how things change.
    So it went from us being in love to him wanting to bring someone else up to Juneau with him and me and us three...I didn't really like it...and then I hated it...So I left because there was no talking to him about it. So after 3 months I came home. I was heartbroken and all of that crap so I went camping with my best friends and un-biological sisters down in southern California for a week and...here is where I often sigh inwardly...I got a little tipsy on wine and decided to email my mom...and well...so I came out, came back home after almost 4 months away and they just laid into me.

For hours I sat there on the couch with them talking to me about religion, science (like they even know anything about science) and compared me to pedos and bestiality and seeking attention and...it went on...so after about 3 weeks of that...I packed my crap and took their my way/highway option and left. Moved in with my un-biological sisters for about 6 months until their family booted me out because the family chemistry wasn't really great with my full time hours and I couldn't help clean around the house like I did when I was unemployed.
    I moved in with my straight soul mate Cody who I feel is my brother.
    It's been 4 years since all of that went down.
    My dad kind of talks to me and my mom is okay with Me, maybe not my lifestyle but me. It's better than I thought it would be and honestly I couldn't expect better from my parents being who they are and were.
    I've had a few boyfriends since, I fell in love once with Clayton but that didn't last beyond anything and I broke that off...Single now, but who knows what's going to happen.

So as far as advice goes for anyone thinking about coming out to their parents and family (my entire family doesn't talk to me besides like one aunt and cousin) I say don't do it until you're more financially independent or can take care of yourself or have a room mate or something lined up because for a good week I didn't know where I was going to land. I didn't have any money or job or anything.

I don't know where I'm going in my own time stream but I know where I've been...and I'm hopeful for the future.

and also if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here. I sometimes can be grumpy about issues like I will straight up tell you to buck up buttercup. I am fine with a lot of issues but whining isn't okay, you have to step up and realize that life sucks. It gets better but it is usually stressful and unfair..so don't come at me with any "my life is over! I'm going to die!" melodrama. Other than that...I'm an open book. (&&&)

2. Queer NOS

I am glad that things are starting to improve for you. :slight_smile: