1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out to my mum...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pink Noise, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Pink Noise

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did it. One minute I wasn't sure I was going to. The next I was going to do it and then I chickened out and said I'd do it at a later date. In the end, I just had to do it because I couldn't think about anything else other than coming out - It was on my mind constantly.

My sister was out the house for the day, so it was the perfect opportunity to tell my mum while there was no chance of being interrupted. The night before I didn't sleep at all and by about 7am I just gave up and went and had breakfast whilst waiting for my mum to get up. When she did get up, I kind of dithered about and so she knew something was up. I got her to pause the TV and I just came out with it.

Thankfully she was supportive and everything and she didn't try telling me that being bisexual was just a phase or that it wasn't real. But she was disappointed because she wanted me to have a traditional family with a husband and kids. I tried to reassure that I liked guys more and that I did want children one day, but she still seemed disappointed and I admit it hurt, but I do know she needs time to process things. After that I kind of just went to bed because I was exhausted. (^o^; )

That was a week ago now and we haven't spoken about it since. I get the feeling she doesn't want to talk about it, which is fine. It's not like I'm currently dating or anything. I just wanted to tell her so I could stop worrying.

2. Candace

Congrats! I'm glad that your mom is so supportive and that she's more understanding than some. I'm very happy to hear this :slight_smile: (!) (!).

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats :grin: As you said, give her time and hopefully she'll come around :thumbsup:

4. BiPenguin

Well done.

5. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

Congrats! You made the right decision. Give her time and she´ll get over it. Anyhow, she's been understanding and that's great.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the whole "traditional family" guilt trip. My mom keeps pressuring me to find someone. Yea... If she only knew.

I'm glad for you. I just told my brother I'm trans today, first family member. That's a huge step to do, so I'm proud of you.

7. One Man Army

Congrats Pink Noise (and Kasey too.) It's a huge step in the right direction.