1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confusing response w/ regards to coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lynndendes, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Lynndendes

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well... today i decided to ball up and show Lynn around to the world. I came out to a friend. I don't quite know how it went. He seemed sorta annoyed sorta apathetic sorta idk what else but it was kinda like he was tolerating me talking about this. I told him I was bigender and tried to explain to the best of my ability what that implied.
    He quote "doesn't believe in being bigender. You are what you are not something that you make up." But he also said something to the effect of if it makes me happy than good on me. He just wanted no part of it.
    I'm confused albiet this was the first time coming out but still... idk how to react.

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He needs to examine the logic of his idea if that's what he said. First reaction. "You are what you are not something that you make up"? It never occurred to him that people might not be what they are (to his observation), because they are making it up? Sheesh. :eusa_doh:

3. Lynndendes

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just dont know how to react. The only other person that knows is a really close friend that helped me understand that im bigender. So I never really came out to her so im just a little afraid I guess that most prple are going to be like that. Ik they arent but im not too keen on telling people that are gonna criticize me negatively for feeling a specific way. Especially me being the extremely tolerant person to diversity that I am. (I dont care what religion, color, race, creed, sexuality, or gender you are. If youre as straight as a circle or as liberal as a catholic. Good for ya! More power to ya! Just wave it in my face or shove it down my throat) I like to know diverse prople im friends with people of less than normal lives. And I love them.

4. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alls I can say is just be who you are. Not everyone will take it very well. We still live in a Society where the idea of not bing straight is not normal. We know that is not the case but we have still yet to erase that old way of thinking. So in short some will go well and some will not. But you will find out who your real friends are during this time, and even build stronger bonds. So embrace the journey that is about to ensue.

5. Lynndendes

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thing is im straight

6. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lol The reply was mainly to your second post. But as I read over your first again I see where I need to edit my response. But simply adapting the idea I attempted to put fourth is what I was going for.

7. Lynndendes

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So what. Take it with a grain of sakt and forget about it?

8. CoyoteCalling

Out Status:
    Some people
    If his friendship is valuable to you, you might just want to give it some time and try bringing it up again at a later date. It sounds like he had zero familiarity with the concept of a bigendered identity before your conversation. I've noticed that some people respond to novelty by basically shutting down - the information just won't compute, so it gets rejected without consideration. I realize that that doesn't change the fact that his dismissal was hurtful to you, but it's something to think about.