1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BiPenguin, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BiPenguin

I was visiting my mother today who I don't have the best life long relationship with at all. In fact, I have cut myself off from all relatives at a time for my own psychological health.

Anyway, at the age for 42, I changed subject by telling her that I wanted to talk to her about something and she may like what I have to say. And here I was, time to tell this bigoted woman something she won't like. She always said that she was glad that she doesn't have children are who gay. She was lucky. Blah blah blah.

I continued by telling her that I did not really have much of an attraction to girls until I was around 20 years old. She said that many people start later and in fact, thought that was probably best.

I continued by telling her that when I was a teen, I identified as gay because I was mostly only attracted to other males. I didn't start to develop the interest until I was around 20.

Well, she did not look happy at all. In fact, she looked like she was holding in a sudden feeling of anger then told me that she never saw or thought of me as as one of them people. :rolle:

I then let her change subject and left it at that. I assume she's on the phone tonight bitching about me but that doesn't bother me. It was starting to feel that need to say something to her. One of the reasons was because I was sick her saying how lucky she was to not have anybody like that.

It was the end of topic. No fighting. Maybe never hear from it again. I wouldn't be surprised if she wipes her memory clean of it.

Guess maybe it won't be too bad as she gave me something she won that she couldn't use but we can at my home. Time will tell.