1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a coming out week!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by aussie paul, Sep 11, 2008.

1. aussie paul

a few weeks ago i had a big week telling ppl about my Bisexuality, well almost gay. I remind you that i'm an Aussie man, aged almost 54 and married. So i was 20 in the '70s.

back to the other week. I had been trying to figure out if i felt really comfortable being married.
    first i told a single woman who is in a relationship with a man, quite hetro, but she has gay friends. her face had no reaction, she just sort of said, yes Paul, go on ... she advised ne to be true to myself and leave my wife, one of her best friends.

secondly i told a catholic Priest, so a single man, he is also my age, and he is a Philosopher. He listened carefully, and no reaction on his face. He suggested i wasin a very difficult situation (which i know) and he suggested that I was suffering grief and loss showing as anger. Grief and loss over my lost youth lost single life, lost opportunities to express my sexuality. But now that i;m married, i have to get on with life.:eusa_doh:

next, later in the week, i told my sister, who is alos 50, and a grandmother. Once again a blank face, "yes Paul ... and ...." she said that she'd support both my wife and myself. Also that the grass is greener ..... and that io'd probably be angry if i left my marriage, i'd have grief and loss about the marriage being gone!

later in the week i told a married couple (#1) they too were supportive, blank faces too.

the next day, my wife and i invitesd two friends over, married couple (#2), same again, blank faces, very supportive, pastoral, empathetic too i thought. The next day, the man of this couple sent me a card, sealed in an envelope, greeting me as 'brother'. I wonder what that means. :confused:

I also told a young friend of mine, a teenager - to early 20s!! He too was accepting. He is really good at relationship stuff, very mature for his age. As so many younger ppl are!! Hey :icon_wink

I also spoke to a counselor, therapist. she was professional too. that was a few weeks later.

so a very big coming out week. I was totally exhaused by the end of it. All were supportive, none expressed surprise, including my sister. :icon_bigg

i'm glad i told all those ppl, all important to me.

it was very difficult, but great to do also, Paul(!)

2. riddlerno1

WOW, busy week for you then! Congratulations though cos it must have been hard and so good that everyone that you told was supportive!:thumbsup:

3. Noah

Wow, what a week! Congrats on getting so much off your chest!

4. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey congrats on all those coming outs! My oh my you must be exhausted but well done, it's great that you've done it!! :grin: I hope it hasn't been too hard for you and good luck in the future with whatever you deceide to do - whatever it may be I hope you find lots of happiness and I'm glad you got so much support.
    Again.. Good luck and congrats!!

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Congrats. :slight_smile:

6. Jim1454

Wow - very brave of you. Congratulations!

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wow, you were on a roll! Congrats!

8. aussie paul

hey thanks to those who have left a note here, that's what it's all about ah!!? Paul

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's great that you are able to be yourself around important people in your life.

10. Mickey

Thanks for sharing your story! I think the "brother"card might mean this other gay is gay(bi),too. Just a thought.....