1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out as Genderfluid to friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TWDfangirl, Sep 3, 2014.

1. TWDfangirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    So after many weeks of panicking - i just finally managed to tell a very close friend who i don't see that often about my genderfluidity via facebook. They're the first person i've told, and I was so worried that it would change things between us, i was shaking as i was typing and i wanted to take it back when i sent a link to them with the definition of genderfluid.

...Their immediate response was "is that it?" and that i shouldn't be panicking over something like that cause "we're friends no matter what".

I may have cried a bit. more than a bit. a goddamn lot. I was laughing and grinning at the same time though. The relief i felt was unbelievable.

We ended up talking -(them using male pronouns without me even asking)- about how best i should tell the other people close to me, binders, and - their main concern - what nicknames they could use to fit the new name i'd been thinking of going by.

I can't stop smiling, i still feel like crying, and i feel so much more confident about letting others know. (i'm still apprehensive about telling my mum, but my friend says they'll be there for me when i do) - All in all; a fucking brilliant day! :eusa_danc

2. login864

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so happy for you! It must have been a great relief :slight_smile: You'll see that most people are accepting, and those who aren't should be just ignored. Good luck on telling your mom! :slight_smile:

3. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!! Well done (!)

4. JustJJx

I'm really happy for you!
    I had a similar experience when i told my two best friends! They were both very happy i felt i could tell them and asked if i wanted pronouns etc etc
    *hugs* yay for you!