1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she thinks it's a desicion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sugarplum, Sep 10, 2014.

1. sugarplum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So today I told my mom over text messege. She told my aunt because she needed someone to talk to. (which I don't care) But when I got home she was saying how this is a desicion and you can always go back to being straight, but I will support you either way.. She said she would get me help if I need it. But she thinks being bisexual is a desicion. How do I tell her it's not a desicion it's who I am? Thank you..

2. KewlZebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She's probably just uneducated on this type of topic. If you feel comfortable enough, you could try educating her yourself.

3. alexlove

alexlove Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my mom thought that way about gay guys i just laugh about it she would tell me that same crap when ever i needed it to talk to her i realize that she was uneducated of the topic it's all good now cause i'm educating her on the topic i realize i have to open up more if i really want mom to understand these feelings

4. sugarplum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you explain it's not a choice to her?

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's only a choice for you to choose to date men, not to be bisexual. Those feelings will never change, and if you date men you're still bi. It's simple as that. Sorry she doesn't get it.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People like your mom always thinks it's a decision when your not straight, to them heterosexuality is the only sexuality . You're gonna have to show her that you are bisexual and didn't choose it.