1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my school?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Isabelina, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Isabelina

Okay, so it wasn't my whole school. It was just one guy that I thought was bi, too. And it was over AIM. Well, when I told him I was bi, he told ME that he isn't really bi. And of course I was something like "um. what the hell is he talking about?" and then he explained that he isn't bi, he's GAY. So yeah. That worked out nicely.

He's the first person from my school that I've told. And he promised to keep it a secret. I totally feel a faghag/dyketyke relationship forming here. Haha.

Oh, and I've decided to tell my other friend who is gay, but has yet to officially come out to ME (he's told just about everyone else). So, I told him I need to talk to him tomorrow outside the school during lunch where no one can hear us. And: I'm going to tell him. I hope he comes out to me, too. That would be nice because its not like I don't know already. Everyone knows. Even people without gaydars know.

What do you all think about my story/situation?

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds pretty safe; as long as you handle it well, I don't think anything will go terribly wrong. Good luck, and be sure to post the story once it happens!

3. Miles D

I think that sounds awesome!
    Go for it!

4. ausdtc

Sounds like a good couple of people to come out to! Wish you luck :slight_smile:

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know that he is gay, I think it would be pretty safe to come out to him. Not too long ago he faced similar situations. I would still make it clear to him though that you trust him with this and that he doesn't tell this to someone else. It sounds like it will go well. Good luck! Let us know how it went.

6. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Well good luck, things seem to be going well so far.. keep us informed :thumbsup:

i like this part

7. Jim1454

Sounds great! Congrats!

8. sparkyboyM

i didn't know there WAS any LGBT life in the north-east. well, not in my town anyway... although we do make national news with our outstanding floods. amazing.

oh i'm not bitter or anything. congratulations. now i'm going to go punch something
    :slight_smile:

9. Isabelina

Haha. Yeah, there is! I'm not way northeast. I actually live in the tristate area, nearish New York City. So, there is SOME LGBT life but...not that much in my town since it is only a small town. I was actually shocked to find out about a bunch of people I didn't know were gay, lesbian or bi.

10. biisme

How did talking with your other friend go?

11. Isabelina

It didnt happen quite yet, unfortunately, but I'm going to try again on monday.