1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I wish it happened

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ERA, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How I actually came out to my friends was while drunk at a party after graduating high school. Needless to say, the details are a little fuzzy...
    But I almost came out 6 months earlier in the middle of class. Even now, all these years later, I still think about it all the time and wish I had the courage to go through with it.
    We were in our Modern European History class, which also doubled as an ethics and philosophy class. Somehow the discussion got on homosexuality. Somebody started talking about being uncomfortable with it because of their religion. The teacher used that as a launching point to get everyone's views on the topic by performing a quick poll. One at a time, we had to declare ourselves as a homophobe or homophile, whether we were against or for by simply saying "phobe" or "phile."
    I decided that would be the prefect opportunity to come out. When it got to me, I was going to answer "sexual." But just as it got to me, I chickened out a and only answered "phile."
    I only have a couple regrets in life, but that is one of them.