1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out in English

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ChapterOne, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ChapterOne

ChapterOne Guest

I'm a ninth grader and I am surrounded by kids who think a boy and a girl who hang out are automatically dating, which poses a huge problem for gay and bi kids. I sit next to a guy named John in English, and he always loves resting his head on my shoulder during class (sometimes I'd have to wake him up 'cause fall asleep). He's been a good friend of mine, especially this year, and I'm glad to be so close with him. Unfortunately, some students took our friendly affection the wrong way and assumed John was crushing on me. They teased him, saying he was being heavily "friendzoned" by me. I knew I wanted to come out to him anyway, so I figured telling him would also make him feel better. After some kids made a chart saying how he had a 0% chance with me, I turned to him and said, "John, I like girls. I'm gay." He scooted far away from me in his chair while looking at me funny, creating a lot of tension between us. Then he stopped moving away from me for a second, held my gaze for another, then shrugged and rested his head on my shoulder again. That's when my heart just melted and I hugged him while saying, "Yay, you accepted me!" He laughed and politely asked me a few questions about it. We are still great friends, and English will never be the same. ~ChapterOne

2. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's awesome. Glad it went so well for you.
    Of course, you just proved your classmates right that he had 0% chance with you. :slight_smile:

3. Gallatin

Congratulations. I'm glad things went well for you! :slight_smile:

4. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome, congrats! Glad it went well for you and him :slight_smile:

5. doglover44

doglover44 Guest