1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooner than I thought

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Nugget, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Nugget

So, I finally came out to both my mother and one of my sisters, two of the most important people who should know.

I didn't really expect to come out today, but it started this morning when my mom and I were having a conversation and my mom used the wrong pronouns, but for some reason, I got really hairy this time. After she went to bed (she works overnights) I snapped and decided to wake her up—as rude as it was of me—because I could not take it. When I sat her down on the couch and told her, it was a little confusing and a bit intense at first, but then our conversation brightened up and started talking about everything LGBT-related.

Just then my sister came in at the most impeccable timing possible. I stared at her and finally told her.

Reactions:

Mom - She's mostly upset that I failed to tell her much earlier and that I wasted half of a year thinking this over and over (it could've been longer—LOL). She's also noticed a big tension relief that's gone and now she's ready to be a mom to a LGBT teen. Don't be surprised if you see her around here. (!)

Oldest sister - She shrugged. :lol:

Now I just have to tell my other sister (which shouldn't be bad) and that would be it for now. No one else really needs to know right now. My grandparents would freak, and my dad too, but we don't contact too often, so I won't go there with them.

So, all in all, 'twas a good coming out, though sooner than I thought I would. (&&&)

2. Ronnie92

Great for you. I'm afraid to let my own mother own here your a brave soul...

3. biisme

yay!!! that's great.

i'm so happy you have a supporting family (*hug*)

4. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahahaha that sounds great! My parents were as responsive as your sister lol Mum, "oh... ok" and Dad, "oh, alright then". hahah but then I sat in the car and talked to Mum for like 2 or 3 hours :confused: about almost everything!

5. HighintheClouds

Sigh... I read all of this and I feel sad. Mostly because it was a horrible experience coming out to my parents. In many ways, I do envy you people.. Being able to have a nice experience (or at least, not heartbreaking).

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    We need your mom to be a member of PFLAG! She sounds like just the type of person to get things done! :slight_smile: Congrats!

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I congratulate you on a mostly-successful coming out, and good responses from most. I'll be looking forward to Mrs. Nugget.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Glad that it went so well.

9. Nugget

Thanks, everyone!

It's very likely. She's curious about this new role, and definitely in questions over it. Once the topic comes back up, I'll give her a few links. :slight_smile:

Don't feel bad! I don't like it when people feel bad, especially when I have nothing else to say.

I'm sorry yours didn't go as well. Maybe once time flies by, you won't feel as much regret over it as you do now. I, myself, feel like I could've presented my coming out a little more… not-totally-upset-over-a-pronoun kind of way.

10. Sam

Sam

Congrats! That's so great!

11. (!) Congratulations! Your mom sounds awesome. :slight_smile:

12. Thats awesome!!!
    I'm so glad things went well for you! I hope everything goes just as well for when you come out to your other sister.
    Good luck, and well done.
    (*hug*)