1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told My Mom.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lulu62, Sep 23, 2014.

1. lulu62

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I told my mom I was dating a girl and she hugged me and said she will love me the same no matter what.

The next day she changed her mind. She told me how terrible and disgusting it is and how if my girlfriend told anyone I was gay that my mom would shoot her. She also said how people of our religion say terrible things about gay people and how they are right. "You must hate me to do this....it's just a choice you know." She told me the thought of me holding hands with another girl made her want to throw up... I'm not allowed to see my girlfriend so we have been secretive for the past 4 years. It isn't fun.... Now my mom acts like it never happened and doesn't bring it up. I am left confused and depressed...

2. Really

Oh man. I can see why you'd feel crappy about that. Have you asked her why the flip-flop? You're still the same person after all. Are you anywhere near being independent of her? Unfortunately, some people have to get away from their parents before tbey can stand up to them. Hopefully, that's possible for you.

Do something nice for yourself (and your gf) and keep telling yourself you're just grand the way you are.