1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally out and about!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by amyamy08, Sep 20, 2008.

1. amyamy08

Out Status:
    A few people
    Summarized, here is my story.

I had always felt that I liked women, as far back as middle school..although I had no idea what it meant to feel that way and it felt strange. I finally admitted to myself in early college that I knew I liked women and felt such relief to accept this..even if only in my own head! I was terrified to talk to any friends about it, thinking they'd doubt me for my lack of "proof" (never being with a woman), or they'd let it become an open topic among others, which i was NOT ready for. I remained very secretive about it for so long only because of fear of rejection and shame...I traveled to Costa Rica during college and finally "expressed my desires" with another woman there.. FINALLY I felt open and comfortable with myself.. I was so happy.. I've always dated men and have been quite a jumper in relationships (one after another) but have had my experiences with women as well..at this point in my life I identify as queer...sometimes bisexual can hold such a "who do you like MORE?" question.. I'm openly attracted to women and still in the process of becoming more open.. as I meet more GLBTQ people, I relate to others, feel even more comfortable, and become more accepting of myself..I'm very happy at this point with my sexuality, more happy with my comfort level with my sexuality.. go me. :slight_smile:

so in short, there it is.. it's great to read others' stories as well, so helpful.. we're all on our own path, but we can all relate... thanks for reading.. :slight_smile:

2. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for posting this story Amy. I found it heart warming. Well done for coming to terms with yourself and I'm glad you feel more comfortable now, it gives the rest of us hope

3. anonymous12857

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    amy this was an awesome story . i just recently came out of the closet in the summer. the summer b 4 highschool senior year and college. i still feel very uncomfortable with myself and my identity still. this was something that helps me think that there will be a day i can be ok with myself. thanks again!!

4. Jim1454

Yes - thanks for sharing your story. How exotic to have your first 'experience' in Costa Rica!(!)

5. Mickey

Thanks for sharing. Will you answer a question for me? Is there a difference between gay & queer? I see people using all variations. Don't get me wrong,I'm a lesbian,out for many years.( OMG,am I getting old? lol!) Just wondering. Thanks,Mickey***

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad that you feel more comfortable with yourself.