1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wasn't planning on it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Will2M, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Will2M

I came out to another friend on Tuesday. I was not expecting it at all. I honestly surprised myself.

We were standing on the putting green before a golf match and he said something was "so gay." and I told him he should not say that and kind of walked off and practiced for 30 seconds or so. As I practiced I figured I might as well tell him because it will stop him from saying that's "so gay" any more because he will think of me before he says it. I also have been wanting to come out to more people for awhile anyway.

So, I walked back up to him and said, "You know why I don't like people saying that?" And he said "no, why?"

And I told him. Because I am bisexual.

Then he got really embarrassed, which was my intent, and apologized profusely to me hahahaha. I felt kind of bad, not because he was embarrassed but because I kind of accosted him, a tiny bit. Like marched up to him and got in his face to tell him I like the penis as well as the vagina.

But he and I were playing together that day and he did not seem uncomfortable at all which is good!

So yay! Coming out to more people.

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Whoo well done!

3. FrenchKid98

Congrats :slight_smile:

I have friends who do the same and I wish I could do what you did. But I always end up chickening out...

4. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel you there. I insisted to my mom that I do not like the word fag and would like for her not to say it...but I left it at that. Still, though, I think that she knows and is waiting for me to say it. That is a story for another post, though.

5. Will2M

If you can think of a way that kind of forces them to ask you it helps. Start commenting on guys around them or being super supportive of LGBT stuff. Eventually someone will ask.

Like you read, someone said that's so gay and I was like don't say that, do you know why I don't like people saying that? And he said no and I told him. So I kinda forced myself into a corner and it worked :slight_smile:

You can do it!

6. lovewd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never get offended when people use the word "gay" to insult something. It's just another word