1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new record

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Andstillimhere7, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So after 4 weeks in college I FINALLY came out to a person, or several. So I hung out with a few friends from band in the mall and so one girl asked me if I was gay and I nodded my head, and another girl was there and also knows (2). So we go to their dorm and one of my friends roommate comes over and so I'm there talking about liking guys and stuff and then I tell 20min later "by the way I'm gay" and she was like "I already picked up on that" (1). So then I go to my band meeting and since I drank soda I got borderline drunk and just started giggling and stuff, I walk to my car and my section leader and her [gay] friend are walking by and we start talking and then I mention I'm gay so now she and her friend know (2). This happened yesterday.

So today I go back and talk to my friends from yesterday and friend#1 told her roommate about me being gay because the third roommate is self conscious about guys coming to her room, but me being gay alleviated her anxiety. Friend#2 roommate walked yesterday to pick up something and I introduce myself, so them that night she asked friend#2 if I was gay because I look "femme", and of course friend#2 answered honestly and said yes. (2)

So in total I got seven people, two indirectly, in one day!
    BUT my crush might know but I don't know because it went like "he'll never like girls,"
    As in like in a romantic way or like in a tolerable way (I joke about being misogynistic and was referring to that)?

The thing is I'm "femme"! I don't look femme I feel so offended, why does it bother me? Because people just automatically assume I'm gay, I want to tell them not show them.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like things are going well for you! That's awesome!

3. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should shrug off the stereotypes and realize what you have accomplished. You have done in days what many done in years. This a huge step forward and remember never take a step back.