1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dudethere, Sep 23, 2008.

1. dudethere

Im 13 i think im gay i just told me ex now girl friend and she took it hard my firends are supportive my moms away im scared to tell me dad alone and not sure how to telll them and when....o and im not too yung to know.....get that alot. pls help :eusa_doh:

2. Miles D

Hey dude there :slight_smile:
    That's awesome that you've started to come out at such an early age... you're not wasting any time denying yourself.
    Some people suggest breaking down your closet doors as soon as you come out to yourself, and some recommend staying in your cozy, familiar closet for a while.
    Personally, I've found that telling my friends has worked out really well, and then you find out who your real friends are.
    But when it comes to parents, sometimes they are great, or not so great... you really have to gauge your parents possible reaction by how they react other LGBT people. Some people come out to them early, some never do.

Feel free to contact me if you wanna talk! And good luck. We're all here to help you!

3. biisme

well, first off, welcome to EC.

second, i quite agree. you are not too young to know. you are never too young to know.

thirdly, i'm sorry about how your ex reacted (*hug*)

fourthly, you said you wanted to tell your parents. what is their attitude towards homosexuality in general?

4. Nixon

Good luck, You have more guts than me.

5. dudethere

ok thank you all so much. OK so one of my moms oldest adn longest friends is gay he is getting married and wants us to visit so where close i think shed be ok with it if a was older but at my age im not sure. My dad is well he hasnt ever realy had a gay friend his friends are a little homophobic so im not sure if ill tell them... on night my mom and dad and I where watching T.V. when a real gay guy came on liek one of the onse where u know and my dad said "Oh look I think he is gay," he paused tehn said "not that there is anything wrong with that." Im pretty sure tehy have an idea im agy im just so scared

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Dudethere.......... it really sounds like your parents are going to be fine with your sexual orientation. I think you will be fine even if you are only 13. You won't have to go through all the homophobic crap that alot of these young people go through on here if you tell your parents now. They will look out for you and you will grow into a strong, confident person who is very sure about himself.

7. Noah

It sounds like your parents will be ok with it. But do it when you feel ready. No pressure.

8. MacAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like your dad might have been giving you an opening to out yourself... At least you know he'll be ok with it :slight_smile:

Tell them! It's like taking the weight of the world off your shoulders! :slight_smile:

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can come out as early or as late as you like, but once you're sure of your orientation, it's best to come out sooner. Spend a little bit more time, try to drop hints or see how your parents react to other "gay situations", and then you can ease yourself out of the closet.