1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out after marriage

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DarkestDream, Oct 6, 2014.

1. DarkestDream

I guess this is where I can tell most of my story, so here goes...

Like many people, I didn't have the best childhood. Things happened that shouldn't. I'm not sure if that contributed to my feelings, but from a young age, I was attracted to women. When I was 16, I told my mother how I felt. She told me that 'everyone goes through that' and that I'd grow out of it. So, I dated guys. Problem was, I never had any physical attraction or desire for them.

At 20, I became pregnant by a guy I went to HS with. We'd been seeing each other off and on, and were good friends. We married in a small ceremony at my grandmother's house when I was six months pregnant. My new husband grew resentful of the situation, and took it out on me. I spent the next ten years doing my best to protect our son from the abuse going on around him.

After ten years, we divorced, and I was out on my own for the first time. I was 31. I got a computer, and discovered lesbian chat rooms. I met my first partner there, and while my family watched my son, I traveled to meet her. I was smitten, and for the next few months, we spent time getting to know each other. She would even visit me.

The day came when she asked me to move to be with her. I agreed, and prepared a letter to send to my ex husband, detailing where my son and I would be moving. When he received the letter, he called and told me that if I moved out of state, he would have me arrested for kidnapping. My family refused to support me, as they believe that being gay is a sin. I may be considered a bad mother for what I did next. I allowed my family to take my son to live with my mother. I spent the next six years with this woman. It was not to last. I kept in touch with my son during those years. I still maintain steady communication with him no matter where life takes me.

I tell people now...be true to yourself! Don't hide who you are, and do things that you think society expects you to do. You won't be happy if u do that.

That's my story! I hope it can help someone else. :slight_smile:

2. Blossom85

Wow, that is a wonderful and very touching story.. I just hope you are finally able to be happy and at peace with where you are in your life now.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's indeed a touching story.. =)

4. DarkestDream

Thanks to you both! At this time, everything's kinda up in the air, but I'm at peace with who I am. It helps that there are people here at empty closets that I can relate to. :slight_smile:

5. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

That's some story

6. AJ Bee

Thanks for sharing..