1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angry mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lacri, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Lacri

Lacri Guest

Yeah so awhile ago I came out to my mom, and she wasn't all that happy about it. She's a southern baptist christian, and she freaked out, I mean she cried for hours. At first I felt really bad, like crap. I wasn't sure if I should blame myself, but I grew out of that. But you know what the funny thing is? Now that I came out to her, I have lost more privelages. She won't let me sleep over girls' houses, which doesn't make since because I'm not going to do anything. But she won't let me sleep over guys' houses either! She found out when the day of silence was, and she wouldn't let me go to school. It just sucks. She makes me feel like shit about it. And everyone says, "Well just talk to her about it." But you know what? That doesn't work, everytime someone brings it up, she freaks. She always tells me that I'm breaking her heart. She told me that while I'm in her house I can't participate in gay activities, and if I can't follow her rules I have to leave. What sucks the most is that my two brothers( 19 and 16) are her perfect little christian kids. And then there's me the "bad" child. Don't get me wrong, I know she loves me for being her kid, but I'm such a dissapointment to her. Why can't she just get over it? She makes me go to church twice a week, where they talk about how gay is a sin. I can't tell half my family because I'm afraid of my punishments for that. Sometimes it's so hard to fight the bullshit, when it's coming from everywhere. The few places I went that I was the most comfortable with myself was at 1.) my best friend's house. Her mom is a lesbian and very helpful. And 2.) The campground near my house. And you know what? SHE WON'T LET ME GO TO EITHER PLACE ANYMORE! It sucks! I'm sorry I'm bitching, it's just hard when the one place you should get encouragement I get treated the worst of all the places I go...

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, I'm sure that is very hard. (*hug*) Do you have any relatives that might be supportive that could talk to her? What about a teacher you trust? If you could get her to watch the DVD "For the Bible Tells Me So", it might open her eyes but some people are so close-minded due to religion they refuse to open up to anything.

Just hang in there. We're all here supporting you. I know you probably feel like she's keeping you in prison right now and she is! Hopefully she'll lighten up eventually.

3. CrimsonThunder

Becky you should give him some info to let his mum read over, because i know how good the info is you have.

She might not read it right away, but leave it with her and she'll be curious, then she might learn something. :wink:

Good luck Lacri, its what most parents go through so dont feel alone!

4. biisme

I'm so sorry. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

Becky is right though. You need to try and find someone that knows your family well, or knows your mom well, or knows you well, and see if tehy will speak on your behalf. Perhaps they can help her to see that it is not a sin.

(*hug*)

5. Lacri

Lacri Guest

Well their aren't very many people that my mom is close too that accepts gays. My neighboor, who is in her 60's doesn't care that I'm gay, but my mom probally wouldn't listen to her. My mom is, like Becky said, is one of those close minded people that probally won't ever change how she feels.I think in a way she blames herself for me being gay, which is stupid.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe you should spend more time with your neighbor. When your mom asks why then say "Well I like her. She understands me and she's easy to talk to." Hint: Something you are not!

I will send PFLAG info if you want me to. You can download it here on the site under PFLAG publications or I will mail it to you if you PM me your address.

7. Lacri

Lacri Guest

My address? I would but my mom would then ask where I met the person who just sent me something, and she doesn't know about this site. SHe would be very angry if she ever found out...