1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh wow....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JurrBurr, Sep 26, 2008.

1. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

So today I got up the guts to just tell my mother that I am gay. I stayed home from school today because I woke up with a massive migraine and I woke up around noon, around three o' clock I told my mom. She was laying down and I said mom I need to tell you something! She was like what, I said I am gay... [after I said it, I realized I told her.. and was like OMG] She goes oh your just happy right, I said no mom I like guys. Oh it's just a phase she replied. I said no mom it is not just a phase, I know this for sure. She kept saying it was a phase, She also said that I am only 16 years old and that I am going through puberty and that my hormones are raging. I finally screamed to get it in her head that I am gay and that she is going to have to deal with, I said f*** puberty I went through that ages ago, and my hormones may be raging but I am attracted to guys... Then she said ok........ I said I am who I am, Do not try to change me! At the end she said whatever you choose I will love you unconditionally. Well that may be true, But I can tell this is not what she wanted... She also advised me NOT to tell anyone else because she don't want it getting out. =[ But I am not going to stop just at her. I can tell this is not what she wanted, Because she sighed like five times...

So yeah... If anything else happens I will keep you guys updated!

Laters,
    JB :smilewave

#1 JurrBurr, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Congrats, I hope it all smooths itself out

3. Congrats! I hope everything works out!

4. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Yay congrats! ^_^

5. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Thank you all =]

6. DisturbedOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    dude, awsome! that was like really brave of you to do. Congradulations. i hope it works out for you! :eusa_clap(!)

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oww...phase, choice, and don't tell the neighbors all in one coming-out. Hopefully she'll clear up in good time, but until then, try not to go hard on her. I know, you're the gay one, but she's also the one with a gay son. Don't push it all over her or go crazy with it.

8. EM68

Congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Endlessnight500

Grats, I got the dont tell anyone else in the family thing too. I didnt get an Its just a phase tho, because my mom new for years.

10. biisme

well, congratulations for coming out!!!! i hope your mom gets over her disppointment and sees that this isn't a bad thing

11. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Thanks everyone =]

I also changed my myspace orientation to gay! Not sure if I will be keeping it there long though.

12. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

UPDATE:

So since I came out my mother hasn't let me go anywhere, always asks who I am talking to on the phone. Asks me all these weird questions. I told her she could never change me, She seen my myspace orientation and made me take it off or delete my account. So umm yeahhhh. lol

13. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's natural for mother to worry for their children, though it'll take time for her to get it. Just be patient with her, she'll wake up once day a realise that she can't change you (like you've said so many times).

Have you pointed out that at the beginning of September, you were gay, but she didn't know it and know that she does, you still haven't changed?
    Maybe putting it in perspective would help as she let you do things without question before, and now she asks you weird things, you should ask her what she's worried about...

I don't know, I can only guess what she's thinking, though you'll know better then any of us.

14. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Well I knew way before September, Just joined here September haha. I told her she didn't know and she knows I won't change.

15. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    its probs not as u planned it. but let it go to her head.. she might come and see you later and have "The Talk" to you..Just go with the flow...You will be alright..

Remember keep us posted matee

16. Absentminded

Well, congrats on telling her, but it sucks that she's reacting the way she is.

17. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Ohhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyy -

What a day today, She asked me all kinds of weird questions... I was like uhhh I am not answering them. She demanded me too, I said no.... It escalated from there. GAHHHHHHH. Why can't parents accept this shit?!?! It can happen to anyone! So I am tired of it, Just going to give up... I am going to quit discussing my orientation with her. There's no point... She can either accept or not, its her choice. I made mine already!

18. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

SPAZZ!

Tonight my mom was in the living area and I was in my office, I overheard her say "Jarrods Gay" to my aunt! SCREAM I flipped my lid... I said what the hell are you doing?! Then she says oh I don't know... and just shut up about it! I said who else have you told... she said a couple people! I am so mad at her!!! :bang::tantrum::***: I CONFIDED IN HER!! :tears:

#18 JurrBurr, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
  19. Adam

Oh wow, I would be so mad too...
    That sucks, she shouldn't be telling people without your permission.

20. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Absolutely not. Tell her that if she expects you to hide yourself, she had better be willing to keep up her end and respect your privacy by not telling your relatives, or her friends. If your friends don't need to know your sexuality, hers certainly don't.