1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by FunkyMunky, Sep 26, 2008.

1. FunkyMunky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok ... so last night i decided i should come out to my sister. I'm out to a few people but so far no family. She's the only one i can trust. I tried telling her a few years ago but kinda chickened out. So last night i called her and told her ... and started to cry! I couldn't stop crying and shaking for some reason. It was probably the most difficult thing i've ever done. I didn't cry when i told my friends but this was different because she's family. Did anyone else experience anything like this? I don't know what I'm going to be like when i tell my parents.

P.S. I'm new here btw :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I cried when I told my mom.
    And NOTHING makes me cry. Not The Notebook, not breaking my arm... You know.
    I guess it just depends on the person.

PS: Welcome!

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to EC. It's glad you got the courage to tell your sister. I haven't experienced anything like that befpre but it sounds like it went pretty well.

4. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Well yes! When I came out to my mom yesterday I was shaking really bad and started to cry. So you're not alone in that boat!

P.S. - Weclome to EC! :grin:

5. ArcaneVerse

When i told my best friend that i was questioning, i had a small anxiety attack leading up to to telling her and continued crying afterward.

It is a very personal thing to talk about and can be a very emotional thing to discuss, what with all the anxiety about how they will react and how things might change. Family can be harder because you cant always walkaway from them unlike with friends where you can find new ones if you have to.

& congratulations on coming out!!

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

First Welcome to EC and second Congrats on telling your sister, I hope she took it well.

7. Sam

Sam

When I gave my mom a letter coming out to her and left the house to take a walk while she read it I started crying so hard I had to find a place to sit. I think it's just a combination of emotions and thoughts going through your head and its just overwhelming so some of us start crying.

8. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I haven't told any family so I haven't had that experience. But when my friend came out to his mom (like 6 years ago) he started crying and couldn't even do it. She had to tell him that she already knew (well I guess suspected). She is the coolest mom and totally accepted him on the spot.

9. biisme

Welcome to EC! And, congratulations on telling your sister! I assume it went well?

10. FunkyMunky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It went well. She was surprised though.