1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to parents! But...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jax12, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told them that I may be bisexual/gay. They weren't rejecting it, but they think that I'm confused of A LOT of things, and my sexuality being one of them. I will speak to a psychologist soon, and they were supportive of that because they knew this was something I had to find out on my own.

So in the end, it didn't go as well as I thought as it would, but it definitely could have gone worse. They claim that my limited social life has been a contributing factor to my confusion, and I don't deny that. That very well could be the reason as to why I'm having difficulty accepting my sexuality.

It's pretty hard explaining to parents bisexuality/gay when they don't know much about it, but they are open to the idea of it. If that's really who I am, then that's who I am. They acknowledge it, but it's not like they would hold a rainbow flag up and prove how supportive they are.

They did bring up some interesting points though, and I'd like to share them with you all:

- I find that dating girls are very annoying. My uncle is like this, and the reason for him not getting married to a woman is because he is very lazy in a relationship. I'm also extremely lazy, and when it comes to a relationship I'm extremely lazy as well. My first relationship this year proved my laziness. If all they do is tailgate me it irritates me even more. This is one the reasons that make me think that I'm gay.

- My social life has hindered my ability to be more interactive around people. This is very true, and I don't deny that. But in terms of sexuality I don't know how my social circle has affected my way of thinking. Am I thinking that because my relationship with my first girlfriend didn't work, I am seeking a relationship that will provide me with a relationship that everyone else has? And apparently that is with older men?

- I'm on the computer a lot. They claim that it is another reason why my social circle is so limited. I do a lot of research and when I get enough of the answers I'm looking for, I believe it. I know this, they didn't have to tell me.

- I am naive. I am extremely naive. They didn't need to tell me this, I knew this myself. A LOT of people can change my mind if I feel convinced enough. For example, when I has talking about my future career with my uncle, we basically concluded that I am a hands-on type of guy. Then afterwards my dad said since I liked computers, I should do something with computers.

Is it possible, even for the slightest bit, that my inability to date girls is because all my life I've been scared of them? And that this "fear" and "confusion has led me to believing that I could be gay? Is this even possible? At this point I'm so frustrated to the point where I just want to be gay so I don't have to come to this debate anymore.

I am almost 90% positive that I have some sort of an anxiety disorder. Ever since I was little I had trouble managing my anxiety, and when I can't handle it anymore, I just explode like a bomb. I also took classes but not sure how much of it actually got put to use. I have these crazy, repetitive thoughts saying "You're gay and you know it. Just accept it." x1000000. It's so frustrating that suicide is becoming even more of a reality. I am very, very indecisive.

I know that there aren't answers for everything, and some things I just have to accept. What is it that I'm missing here? And is there a reason why I'm not attracted to ANY of my friends?

#1 Jax12, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014