1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Here, but here's my story!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PositivelyMe, Oct 30, 2014.

1. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys, I'm new here and I figured this was a good place to start.

So, I had my first crush on a guy when I was about nine. So I knew that I was attracted to guys from a decently early age.

As I got into middle school, I started to notice that I found girls attractive. In the 8th grade, I started to have a crush on my best friend. But I didn't want to deal with it, because my parents weren't the most supportive people and I didn't want to cause trouble. I figured I'd be fine, because I also liked guys.

It wasn't okay. I really started hating myself in high school, and was really embarrassed and ashamed of who I was. I would find a girl attractive and then be angry and ashamed with myself, and then force it out of my mind.

When I got to college, I decided to be more open. I came out to the friends I made here, along with my two best friends from home. That went incredibly well, and gave me the courage to tell my favorite high school teacher and my mentor, who were also supportive and told me that they would be there for me and they were glad I told them.

It's still hard. I haven't told my parents, and a lot of my more casual friends don't know. But I have a supportive group of people standing by me, and I know I'll be okay in the end.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with coming out and accepting yourself :slight_smile: You seem very strong for having gone through all that stuff and I'm glad that things are starting to get better for you.