1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my sexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wanderlust31, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Wanderlust31

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey.. I like to make a quick note that I'm so glad I just found this forum! At the current point in my life I'm questioning my sexuality ... For the past year I have become very intrested in girls.. To the point where I have none in men. And When I look back over the years I've realized that I've always had an interest in girls just thought it was normal.
    I have even come out to a couple of close friends telling them that I'm pretty sure I'm lesbian ... But I've never kissed a girl... This is where I'm struggling because all my friends are straight and I don't really know anyone who is gay/lesbian

Did most of you realize you were gay way before you started kissing the same gender?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

2. sofie

sofie Guest

Hi!
    I am in the same situation, so I might not be able to give advice but I wanted to say that you're not alone.
    I have been questioning A LOT the past two years and I'm pretty sure I'm gay but I'm confused because I've had two serious relationships with males in the past and now I have little to no attraction towards males. I'm sure I want to be with a woman and it makes me happy to think that way even though I'm terrified to tell people other than my closest friends...

3. ForeverYoung000

Same here. I never kissed a girl. Always had relationships with guys. Ever since I was in 8th grade, I've been questioning myself if im bisexual or straight. It was not only until the beggining of my sophomore year in high school that I always crushed/liked girls just never...thought of it like that. But...even though I never kissed a girl, I know I'm bisexual. I look at girls differently now. I fantisized with them a lot. iIve even came to the point of coming out to 3 people about it. So...yea.

#3 ForeverYoung000, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  4. musicalturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've never kissed anyone (male or female) but I know bi. I think it's just different for different people its not all about what you've done, it's about what you want to and and what you feel.

5. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! So for me, I've only ever kissed a guy-but I have had feelings about women and have had some serious crushes on girls, and tend to get more emotionally invested in them. I really started thinking about that this year and realized I'm definitely bisexual, possibly even gay. It's one of those things you kind of just feel.

The good thing about sexuality too is that it's fluid; you can change the way you label yourself as many times as you need, and it doesn't mean it's not valid. It evolves.

6. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey! I know i'm a little late on responding, just saw this thread now! To answer your question, I knew I was bisexual before kissing a girl… I even came out to friends and family (basically everyone) before it. Kissing a girl just solidified the feelings that I knew I already had. I think sexuality is very instinctual. A lot of people think they need experience to know what they want, I personally think you already know what you want, it's just a matter of accepting who you are and being brave enough to act on it.

7. Justinian20

I'm a guy who has a situation, I never knew I was attracted to men but looking back I acted as if it was completely normal. I was also never attracted to girls but via my storytelling and lying ability I was able to feign being attracted to women, even though I was never interested in women.