1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not coming, just not being in...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LifeAsWeKnowIt, Nov 3, 2014.

1. LifeAsWeKnowIt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey so I haven't been on this forum in a while, what with starting college and just a lot of stuff going on... Anyway, I started college around two months ago, with the view that if anyone asked, I wasn't gonna lie about being gay anymore. I made some incredible new friends already, who don't even care. I just never pretended to be straight, like I had done the entire way through high school. I talk about girls I like, I dress the way I want and I'm about 50 times happier than I was. Recently, one of my new friends referred to me as one of her gay friends, and though I don't want it to be a defining fact about me, it actually felt really really good... :slight_smile: I'm a lot more accepting of myself that I was, and I just needed to tell someone, so it ended up being you guys haha (!)

Anyway, I still have my old friends and family to tell, which won't be as easy, but I've set myself the target to be out to at least some of them before the end of the year.. I'm dreading it, even though I think they'll all react quite well... Still, not looking forward to it.

2. iiimee

I told alot of my friends actaully. Just remember, don't expect a major celebration, but also if they are your friends they'll accept you. Alot of my friends don't care that much, but even my bisexual friends get a little weirded out when the subject of me being trans comes up. They accepted my "decision" but think it's weird I still have a female body. All I can say is, you can't change who you are, so don't try!