1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight off the sholders

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dreamfinder, May 6, 2007.

1. dreamfinder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I DID IT!!!!! I told my family. Most of my family was like "yah....we kinda knew that". My father was totally devastated. He has not spoken to me in like a week, but up until this point we were very close, as he has raised me as a singe parent. I belive he will come around eventually but or thats atleat what the rest of my family says. He has not talked to them about it either. but i think he will be fine anywho i am just releved that i did it!!:slight_smile:
    (!)

2. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations....I hope ur dad comes around but its good ur family is so supportive.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Perhaps you can ask one of the more accepting family members to try to talk to your dad about it? My sister spoke to my mum and dad when I came out to them, and I think they found it helpful to talk to someone who understands and accepts.

4. Jim1454

Congratulations! I bet it does feel good. Also sorry to hear about your dad - but if you were close before, I'm sure you'll be close again. He just needs time. Remember - you've had a long time to think about this and accept it. He'll need to do the same thing, because he loves you as much as he does.

Way to go!