1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alexandra Lily, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Alexandra Lily

I'm 14 and have slowly been coming out to people, telling them the fact that I want a sex change. I've only confessed this to my closest friends, a few staff members at my school (who are helping me a lot) and most of my family. It was a scary thing to do, I admit that, it was incredibly difficult, however, it was also the best thing I have ever done in my life.

My mother supports me fully, as she does in all things. She has scheduled an appointment at the General Practitioners (GP) so that we can take it forward from there, to make me a girl. She was understandably shocked at me saying this at first, but she will support me from the beginning to the end, and continue thereafter.

My father on the other hand, hardly talks to me now that I've told him, and on the few instances he actual will talk to me, he sounds incredibly annoyed the whole time. He hates my decision in life, and would most likely do anything he possible could to prevent me from doing this. He used to be a brilliant person, though a few years ago he moved over 300 miles away, and since then he has changed completely, as if he isn't the man who gave birth to me and raised me for the first part of my life anymore. He however, doesn't get a say in the matter of me changing sex, and it's gonna happen, that I can guarantee.

My close friends that I came out to, mostly support me. A few of them refuse to talk to me now that I've told them about the real me, but I guess now I'm finding out who my real friends are. I enjoy being in the company of these friends, and I am even able to joke with them about my choices in life (one of my friends is buying me my first dress). I feel that it is very important to have a few friends that you can talk to about these things, and my closest friends knew before my family did, which helped me a lot.

That's basically my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I hope I've helped inspire other people to come out to people so that they can be friends with the real you.

2. iiimee

...Wow. All I can say is, wow. You've had it hard being so young! Then again, I'm around your age myself, so I know it's difficult. I wish I was a boy, but I still hope I can give you some advice as your new online friend-

Good people make bad choices or have bad thoughts. This often happens that people who are awesome otherwise dislike gays or transgenders. Your dad and your friends might be great people, but many are blind, since it wasn't too long ago almost everyone was against what people like us are. My Godmother is against gays and transgenders, seeing it as a "choice" when it's not. Maybe your father just needs to get used to the idea... be patient with him.

When you said he hates your decision in life, do you simply mean the surgery? Feeling like a different gender then what you are is not a decision, but changing is. I am considering getting a change when I'm older, but until then I'll be trying to just live as a normal teenage boy. Also, tell me what your dress looks like when you go get it! I'm happy for you!