1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So at 28 years old I told my parents lol

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by brodew, Nov 4, 2014.

1. brodew

I have moved around a lot since High School. Went through some shit along the way. I even was married for 5 years and it just never felt like the right time to come out to my family. Recently I discovered I wanted to share who I am with my family, I just didn't realize how hard it would be.

So I started by telling a close friend and my sister in-law who I am close to as well. It was not a conversation I wanted to have over the phone with my mom and dad, since they live half a country away. So I sent them an e-mail explaining. Of course I really didn't think they would have any issue accepting a bisexual son, since my dad has 2 gay brothers and my mom has 1 gay brother. But it was still nice to send off the e-mail late last night and when I got home from work this is the response that was waiting for me.

"We love and accept you unconditionally always. You should know you are our son and your choice for love will never change how we look at you. "
    Love you always mom and dad

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets!

Thank you for sharing your coming out experience. It sounds like that you have gone through some anxious times before reaching the point you have. It is great that you coming out to your parents has gone so well. :slight_smile:

3. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's great that it went well! Don't feel bad about coming out at 28, I'm 34 and just came out :eusa_doh: We all do it at different times in our life when we feel the time is right. Best wishes to you!

4. brodew

Well i'm on a roll now. Told my older brother by private message on Facebook. I saw him all day the day after and he never said a word, just went about things like normal. I knew he had read it so I was kind a freaked for a bit. Finally I said something and his response was "Its not a big deal. I don't care who you date, I just hope they don't talk as much as you do." Felt great after and Now I am out to 5 family members and my closest friend all in the last 2 weeks.