1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thinking of coming out to my mum...but how?? x

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by charlotte, Oct 3, 2008.

1. charlotte

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey everyone,

I've just turned 24, I moved out on my 24th birthday (last week), and I have a girlfriend, we've been together for just over a year. But at the moment our (wonderful) relationship is a secret, a great big secret, which is really not fair on her (she is openly gay) and its also becoming increasingly unfair on my mum (my best friend). I need to tell her and hoepfully I will do so real soon. I'd love to hear any advice any of you guys have.

xx

2. biisme

Well, if you're ready to tell your mom then I guess the real question is how and when.

First off, do you know her views on this subject?

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You've been with your gf a long time. It is not fair to her to keep this secret any longer. In fact, it could ruin your relationship unless you come clean. It is time. You just need to prepare yourself, gather some educational materials for your Mom (available on this site under PFLAG publications) and go for it! Good luck!

4. James

Does she have an email? that's always a "good/easy" way to come out to someone. That's the way I plan to come out to my mother, Good luck!