1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now? (long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dudethere, Oct 4, 2008.

1. dudethere

So im gay and 13 still in Public Shcool...its a small school 250 kids. Well when i found out i was gay i told my best friends who are in high school first then i told my friends in public school i started with my best friedns then when to just friewdns well not that great of a choise. One of my just friends has a big mouth and told someone who hates me (smart) so the person who hates me tells everyone. Now im worried so all of my firnds are dyning it for me (there great) but the rest of my class thinks im gay and start saying things like wow i didnt know you where gay and apperently i have had gay sex! Now im realy scared so i go to talk to a teacher who has realy cared for me this year and i trust her. I planed on telling her i was being bullied and tell her who had said what but I didnt tell her i was gay (this was hard). By the end of the day i couldnt take it any more i HAD to tell her so i went done after school my best friend came too (he is soo nice :grin:). I said sooo slowly taht I'm gay but i did this with out saying it I had siad " I wasnt completly honest with you when you asked about how do I think the roumors started, a few weeks ago i had relised that i was umm well different and then said that the rumors started becuase i had told people tah ti was and that well one of the people i told let it lose."

She looked at me and then we talked and she said she thinks my class room teacher should know. I was ok with this... she is realy nice but then they said that the principle had to know this was odd because i didn't want alot of people to know. I told him and he asked the same as the others but then when i replied NO he got put off... he said taht he had to call them and ask them to come to the school!! Ok so NO one i wanst ready to tell them and i sertenly didnt want my principle telling them so i said NO he said he had to...umm i dont think he HAD to but he did he didnt tell tehm anything but I think you should talk to your son about some bullying and he has been getting some help online (EC). So we get into the car he says so whats going on? I sadi im just being bullied is all.... he said are people calling you gay and is taht making you wonder if it is true? AHH i wanted to scream but all idid was say well tehy have said that and otehr things and no im not worried. I went home and my mom got home and they both started yelling and demanding answers. I couldn't say it i wasnt ready but i had to so i said give me a minute i went down stairs and cried more then my mom came down and said ok do you just want to tell me and not dad? I said ok... it took me a few minutes then broke down and fell on her lap i cried then she said is it because ur gay i let out a HUGE WAAA and cried :tears: then i gave her some articles i have printed of (from EC) and then she said o so are u sure i siad i was then she asid I dont think you are. I sadi what !!! She said well i dont think your old enogh to know.... she took it bad then she told my dad when i was out he took it great :grin:. Later on before we went out to dinner just my mom and I she looked sad i asked whats rong (trying to feel sympothy even though my day was the worst) she said i was just thinking about how i wont have grand children i cried again and then thaugh helo dumb ass u still have my brother and sister !!! Well now im hear on the computer after sleeping over at my best friends hosue we stayed up all night talking an dthen got into some other stuff.....:icon_redf. Im just so mad about how it all had to end and now i have to have a meeting with the principle and my family on monday this should be fun D:

2. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    on a personal matter the teacher and princables should not have over rulde ur rights. He should have not have called them once u had said no...if this happened to me i would have pisicly hung up the phone and yelled the fuck out of him.. but i dont think this was a good thing..

and ur mum can still have grand children from u anywayz.. there is adoption..
    and i feel so sorry for u because u had to go though it the hard way.. are you ok?

and i hope the meeting goes alright but if i was u i would have lost me cool a long time ago...

and in the meeting
    say wat u wanna say..

xox so sorry
    Trent

3. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    and by the way
    ur a gr8 writer

4. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

ahh the grammar!

5. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Regarding the principal calling your parents (if I understood it correctly), he had to. Schools are required to report bullying to parents. Period. From what you said, though, he did not tell your parents you were gay, which probably would have been crossing a line. But the important thing is that you are out to your parents. And I would say they took it relatively well.

6. Gumtree

It varies all across the world but in most places by law the the teacher you inform much inform the acting headmaster of the school, your participating teacher and parent/guardian.

It seems that your parents are okay but are in shock. It's a pretty big thing for any parent to hear and coming from someoen I assume (since u said primary school) is youngish it would be even bigger. Most people are well aware of the homophobic society in most of the world and their biggest grievence about their children being openly homo/bisexual is the hardship it puts them through.

Give your parents time, ensure them that you're secure and happy in your sexuality and I'm positive it will work out fine :grin:

And well done, you did a very brave thing and you should be very proud of being such a strong and confident person.

7. dudethere

Wow now its Sunday and they want to "talk"...i odnt want to but have to what should i do ?

8. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay. They want to talk. That's a good sign. Just try and stay calm. Try and answer any questions they have for you as best you can, and most of all be patient. It might take them some time to get used to the idea.

9. dudethere

wow that sucked they think its a phase and now i have to go see a counciler i just want them to leave me alone and im not aloud to cry becuase i have to "man up" is wat my dad says...

10. No One

i hope the meeting goes well to i know how you feel except there were already rumors about me but this was the worst and my parents don't know im gay at least not till Wednesday and i just got home schooled but i hope it goes well for you.

11. Gumtree

Your parents are probably having just as hard a time as you. Don't be afraid to cry, ignore what you dad says there.

See the counsellor as an opportunity, the counsellor wont try to convince you you're straight or anything, just help you work through problems, prepare you for what you're in for and give you information and support. It's a positive even if you don't want to talk about it.

Remember that you're in control of the senssion, the counsellor will only know what you want him/her to know. You chose what you tell them.

12. lordjord96

thats really nice that your dad took it fine but your mum on the other hand......

13. dudethere

I just wanted to repost and say that it has been two years and since than I am out and proud and my parents have acepted me and we openly talk about it. Its no longer brushed under the rug. I have introduced them to my boyfriend and they loved him and now that I am single they talk about me finding someone knew as if it was no different. Im so proud of my parents for being so great and making such a wonderful effort and loving me the same.