1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coming Out Reality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Justinian20, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Justinian20

My life has been one devoid of sexual attraction and then realization and then acceptance.

Being gay is hard and it is accepting that inside personality that is hard. Just imagine you've kept your soft side buried deep down into your body and only now it has surfaced with the realization that you are different.

I've always been different, I have a major disability and that disability is a chromosome problem and it has always been there since the day I was born. Dealing with that has made it easier for me to deal with being gay, since for me the disability is more of a big deal. I was a fairly young teenager when I first realized I was gay. The blonde ratbag had developed into a fairly gothic persona. Always sad looking at other people and hiding that sadness through his acting chops, he finally released his sad side in Grade 10 in which he felt lonely because his guy friends weren't talking to him and he felt like the other guys were going to leave him because he was an outcast. He met a friend though, one who day and night he would talk to about how he felt as if no one wanted to be around him and the worst was yet to come. He contemplated suicide because he felt so low in his life and he honestly believed that no one truly wanted to be around him and his "friend." He knew though that his parents would question him and he didn't want them involved and so he never did truly go for it. He would cry to his friend and become all emotional when they talked at lunchtimes, when he wasn't around others. He began to harden up and then went on a journey to discover who he truly was once school had ended. This journey consisted of much thinking and exploring his life to see who he truly is. His realization began at 18, after wondering, "Why haven't I ever been attracted to women." That was the core question, he went neutral for many months following his asexual call, not realizing that a male voice would soon call and that would be his final realization, a wake up call perhaps and as he neared the end of his thinking and deeply philosophical journey, he came upon a site which realized a great truth, that he was in fact attracted to the same sex. All those feelings which he had investigated all led up to this moment and after two weeks of doing it, he walked up to the study door and told his mother, "I'm gay." Instant denial was dealt by his mother and that made him less confident and so he came out to three people via facebook and the fourth, one of his best friends today, he would be deciding to come out in person perhaps in the next meeting and to him it would be the first time he will have come out to someone properly.

'This story is still in working and some new story will be added over the next year as the coming out process is a marathon and not a sprint.'

2. Tea Leaf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Interesting post.

That's a great way to put it.

3. One Man Army

This resonates with me, and probably with some other people here too. :slight_smile: Sometimes it does take a long time for the penny to drop, and we try to deny and deny, but we get there in the end!

One thing - you switched from first person (I) to third person (he) halfway through the third paragraph. It will read better if you keep your story either in the first person or the third person throughout.

4. Justinian20

This story has a good ending, my mom has accepted me as a homosexual, in fact she said, "It's time to celebrate that you found out who you are." She didn't deny it and I felt like giving her a hug, I felt happy when she left the room, I smiled as well. Its a happy ending for telling my mum.