1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somehow everything is fine

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Harjus, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been coming out as transman for people near me since I will transition for sure at some point (as soon as I can). Some have known for ten years or more but some had no idea. I thought they would not accept me. I thought they would think this is just some phase or that I am psychotic. I thought they would dig up everything girly I have ever done (or do still. I actually like to crochet lace. My cat really likes to sleep on lace for some reason and I am his slave. I can't just stop crocheting) and use it as an evidence against me. I really thought they would not believe me.

I was really waiting for things to get worse but everything has gone better than I could ever imagine. Doctors have been really friendly and helpful, my mother even got excited and said it explains a lot. She even laughed when came out as bisexual and said it's weird that a son must come out to his mother as not being 100% gay.

I have been really afraid and depressed for a decade. The relief is unbelievable. I have had a drinking problem on and off for 8 years. I want to do something about that too. I have medical problems that could be treated but I couldn't care less about pain and discomfort. I wan't to treat those problems now. I will see a doctor finally. And dentist too.

I don't even know why it was so important that my family approves. I am almost 30 and I am not even that close to them. Maybe it makes all this more real if nothing else. I don't have any other people either. I move around a lot so no friends really.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad things are improving for you (*hug*)

3. rainbowdesi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am happy for you that things are looking up!!! Family is an important support system for many, so it makes sense that you wanted their approval even if you aren't that close to them. Wanting to address the problems is battle half won. Everyone at EC will keep you cheering on for you, all the way! All the best! :grin:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to Empty Closets! Thank you for sharing your story. Your story is inspirational and provides hope to others who are about to embark on their own journey.

I am glad to read that your coming out has gone better than you had expected and that you have found acceptance, love and support from the people around you, including your family and doctors. Being yourself, and having the weight lifted off your shoulders seems to have been the starting point in not one but several life changing events.

I think these last three sentences could very well help to explain why you wanted your family to approve, and accept you, even though you are not very close to them. It's possible that coming out, could over time bring you closer to them, and maybe a part of you is looking for that too. :slight_smile:

5. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. :slight_smile: I am really trying to change lot of things. I am even thinking about studying something again so I could get a nice job some day (and by then I will look and sound like a man too). I have never had this kind of motivation.

I hope I could be closer with my family. There has been rough times but I hope everybody could just leave them behind.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is absolutely wonderful that you have found a new kind of motivation and started to create some goals that can have such a positive impact on your life. I'm sure you'll find a way to become and be closer with your family. :slight_smile: