1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy story, thanks so much!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sunhlight, Nov 17, 2014.

1. sunhlight

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to thank everyone that's been on here and share my story. I used to be on EC almost every day of my grade eight year, because I was so confused and sad and freaked out. Everyone on here helped me so much, and I thought I could update to show people that there is totally hope and a great future for you.
    I came out to my best friend in February 2014. It involved a lot of crying and anxiety (I have anxiety anyway, so this was tough) but it honestly helped me so much. Around this time, I went to a highschool open house with my parents. There was a GSA table set up, and my friend told me I should go and say hi. But I was so scared my mom would suspect something or everyone in the gym would somehow automatically know I was gay. I was still scared and absolutely terrified that people would find out.
    I came out to my two close friends in April, and that helped a lot. I could be open and really express myself without hiding around them. But I was still terrified and full of anxiety. No one at my elementary school had ever come out before, and it was a very conservative place in LGBTQ+ respects.
    Now I'm a freshman in highschool, and I can honestly say I feel amazing and confident in my sexuality. My parents don't know yet, and I'm not quite ready to tell them, but I have joined the GSA (with some encouragement from a friend) and met other queer youth like me. I had no idea that other young people like me were out and being awesome, and it's really made me feel safe and loved no matter what. I'm much more open with my sexuality and identity now, and it feels amazing.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I felt like I needed to thank this community in general. You guys have helped me through so much, and here is a positive update on my life.
    Lots of love!(&&&)

(ps. i actually had to make a new account because I forgot the password to my original one... which is pretty incredible in itself.)

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad everything has gone well for you (*hug*)

3. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats, friend! Sounds like you're on a solid track :slight_smile: