1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by queerunity, Oct 10, 2008.

1. queerunity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My roommate wanted to watch Planet Earth with me and I was like "oh cool that thing is awesome, I saw some with my ex-boyfriend" it kinda just slipped out but I didn't really care, I wanted him to find out casually anyway.

He has been cool and just as friendly as ever, so now I'm wondering. A. He is a really good straight ally. or B. maybe he didn't even realize i said "boyfriend' or didn't hear it.

Damn, I wanna know if he knows, like am I free to be out or do I have to officially still come out grrr. lol.

2. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    he probably thinks you were sarcastic when you said it and took it as a joke

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Guess what? You did come out to him. Even though it slipped you did give a huge piece away there. In effect (and you might not have realized it) you have normalized your sexual orientation, i.e. having an ex-boyfriend is a normal thing. So, try to see it as a normal conversation that you had with him and don't think/worry too much about what you said. The ball is in his court now. If he wants to find out more about it or wants to talk to you about it, that's up to him. It is quite possible that he is cool with it.... :thumbsup:

Hope this helps!

4. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was talking about my ex-boyfriend (when he was my boyfriend) with a gay friend who was closeted to me but I was suspicious; when I said my boyfriend he replied by saying mine without changing the gender and I count that as when he came out to me. I just continued our conversation and that was before I identified as bi.

5. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i still think he is in the closet ... time will tell

6. Corny

Corny Guest

You did come out.
    But as the others have said - he must not have gotten it :wink:
    I tried it that way several times with other guys. And they didn't notice. Afterwards asked for that "oh yeah .. I remember that. I thought you must just have had a slip of the tongue, or I misheard and didn't want to ask" :rolleyes:

7. riddlerno1

possibly they could have thought it was a friend who was a boy?

8. queerunity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks everyone for your replies, i guess ill just be myself and if he realizes im gay okay but i dont feel a need to make another official gay statement unless it comes up.

9. kramer362

You came out in my opinion

I bet he'd only think it was a joke if you had waited for a response after stating the 'punchline' (saying ex-boyfriend). And if he didn't react in any way then he's either completely cool with it or thinking about it in his head and just doesn't wanna approach the subject and flat out ask you at the risk of offending you (since nothing enrages insecure straight men more than being asked if they're gay).