1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my mom!!~ x)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MindvsHeart, Dec 1, 2014.

1. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I finally did it! I screwed up the courage to come out to my mom.

It took me a while to get it all out but I told her about my gender identity and my still questioning sexual identity and she was so accepting.
    She pretty much said, "I brought you into this world so your happiness has always been important to me just as much as your sister and your brother's. As long as your happy with who you are then fuck everybody else. You don't owe them any explanation and the people who live in this house (my mom + sibs) will always support you."

We cried, we hugged and we cried so more but overall, I'm just really happy and relieved. And surprisingly, my mom never thought I was in the closet haha but she was very supportive of my gender identity (which I thought would be the hard part to accept for her) :slight_smile:

So yeah, I feel great that I don't have to hide anymore in my own house and that I came full circle, y'know? And I feel like the people who I've told is enough for me. The futures still gonna be hard as hell especially with homophobic relatives, friends, etc but I've got a pretty great group of peeps who have got my back so I feel like I can face any obstacle. :3

Thank you for reading! And I send tons of hugs, good vibes and happiness to those still struggling or already out of the closet!~ we've gotta support each other.

-MvH

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats! What a fantastic response from your mom -- you're a lucky guy. :slight_smile:

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazing, well done! :icon_bigg Also your mom is like, awesome.

4. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Thank you to the both of you! :slight_smile: And yeah, I'm glad to have her as a mom too :3

5. Isa

Isa

What a wonderful mother you have! I am so happy for you! Both happy that you built up the courage to tell her and over her response to it. Give her lots of hugs!

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! You have such a wonderful mother. It's great that she is so supportive, and wants you to be happy and yourself. Glad you were able to sum up the courage and come out to her. :slight_smile:

7. AnnoNemus

Congratulations! Seriously, what you did took a great deal of courage, and I'm glad it worked out for you.