1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blowing the lid off my secret

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Serendipity13, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Serendipity13

So I've been questioning my sexuality for a while now, well it wasn't so much as a question as it was coming to terms with my inner girl crazy self. But joining this site and reading so many stories and talking to good people who understand has helped me break through the wall that was inside and all my rainbows have come pouring out. I told my mom yesterday. I knew she would love me anyway, cause I'm super lucky to have her. But she was surprisingly supportive and not as surprised as I figured she would be. She said she already kind of figured and if the relationships i had been in were any indication, I was really bad at faking it.

The only thing she was worried about was grand-kids and I told her she had 2 times better odds now than she did before. lol Next step is actually saying it out loud to by best friend. We've had tons of relationship/sex talks and by the way I talked about certain things (trying to drop hints without actually saying it, just to test the waters) I think she knows. And shes still talking to me so, I think it'll be okay. The people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter right?

2. CyanChachki

Yes and you're very brave as well. Congrats though!! :slight_smile:

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Woohoo! Awesome! :slight_smile: Lucky you having a supporting mom and friend. Congrats on coming out to them and yourself!

Also; side note; my neighbour here in Japan is from Huntsville, AL! Small world eh? XD

4. White Knight

Great news. Congrats. :slight_smile:

5. BookWriter1994

Congrats! So happy for you!

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely. I am sure it will be ok :slight_smile:

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad that joining Empty Closets has helped you in your coming out journey. It's wonderful that coming out to your mom went so well, and from the sounds of it, that she was (perhaps) waiting for you to let her know when you felt ready.

Good luck with letting your best friend know. If you have already the feeling that it is going to be okay, that's a good sign. :slight_smile:

8. Serendipity13

Wow! It really is a small world. I've always wanted to visit Japan. Is it as bright and crazy as it looks?

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2014 at 03:10 AM ----------

Thank you guys! Yea this site has been a total blessing. Its amazing how having a support system (even if it is a group of strangers, albeit very kind strangers) has made me more confident in who I am.