1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my religious mom...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by shotonthechest, Dec 5, 2014.

1. shotonthechest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mother is extremely religious and I got to talk to her yesterday at night. She asked me about why wasn't I praying anymore and I told her that I just don't feel comfortable doing it. She asked for the reason and I came out to her and told there was someone I loved.. it was a female. There was an awkward silence and I started crying :confused:
    so she hugged me and told me not to tell it to anyone and pray to God to "help me" :rolle:

and now I feel extremely awkward around her. She smiles and all, but she acts so different. It isn't like her anymore. I don't think I'll get her in her previous condition again and I don't wanna stay in this house anymore :icon_sad:

2. I'm so sorry friend:frowning2: don't worry, it'll get better, just hang in there! many hugs
    [​IMG]

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As hard as this is at the moment, give your mom some time. It's okay if she doesn't talk about it at the moment, but as time passes, she might start coming around or at least trying to understand what you are going through. (*hug*)