1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying my best to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tsc1619, May 12, 2007.

1. tsc1619

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my name is Travis I am 19 years old and I have just recently started coming out to people around me like one of my best friends ever and she said she already knew and then she told me she was bi so our rellasionship is even better we are so close now and then i told like 5 other friends and only one wasn't so happy about it it hurt they quit calling and everything but my biggest challenge is my mom I think she would except it because my sister has always brought gay friends over and she loved them so much but i really dont know how she will take it that her son is but i just want some advice please on telling my mom that i am gay i am tired of hiding it I love her and she is so important in my life so please someone can you help me out thanks for reading give me som feed back please.
    Travis

2. CelebrityHead

Someone wrote their mum a letter.. I think that was a good idea.
    Sorry I don't have any pearls of wisdom.. I'm in sort of the same situation, but the other way round - my mum knows but my friends don't.

3. Jim1454

Oh BeckyG...?

Hopefully our resident 'mom' will wade in on this thread and offer you some advice.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your mom, but I would say that if you're ready to tell her, then you should.

4. SpikySpice

I think that first of all, you need to get comfortable and ready for any outcomes, clear your mind then get on the road.
    Like Jim said, telll her when your ready. Choose the righ time at the right place. You should talk to her when she is happy.
    Drop hints for her about who you are,day by day, so she dosent feel like suddenly a big rock falling on her head when you tell her. It's better for her to ask you first rather than you tell her
    Sorry, my knowledge is not much, I hoep you will do find

5. xequar

The best advice is, once you're ready to have the conversation, to be ready for anything. There will most likely be questions and counterarguments, so you should be ready for those. And, depending upon your situation, you may want to make some sort of alternate living arrangements, if things go too far south on you.

Beyond that, make sure you're ready, and make sure you keep control of the situation. Find some time when you can have some privacy and she's in a good mood and go from there. I think you'll be able to feel your way through it...