1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by cm25, Oct 14, 2008.

1. cm25

cm25 Guest

yay I just came out to my best friend over text about a half hour ago!! It went somethin like this...
    Me: I need to tell u somethin rily secret u have to promise u won't tell anyone
    Her: cody of course I won't I told u my secret
    Me: k Kool well... I like guys
    Her: I'm a lil shocked that u do but that's the way u want to live. And I was sorta suspecting that for a while but I didn't want to say anything cuz that would be mean haha. But it's fine to be that way.. How longhave u felt this way?
    Me: um for a while like I knew I was different since I was 13 but I just came to accept it not to long ago

And so ya the Convo went on longer but I can't type it all cuz I'm usin my iPod and it's rily hard haha but I'm sooo happy that's a load off my chest!! Haha

2. Nodnarb

3. Starshine16

It's stories like this that make me feel a little better about getting ready to tell my best friend that I am bi.

4. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's great that she's accepting, but

just makes me *sigh*

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to her!

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out to your best friend. :thumbsup:

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

thanx guys, and ya vector that's xactly what I wiz thinkin haha but I sorta just let it go haha

8. Noah

Sounds like a lot of my friends...supportiveish

9. cm25

cm25 Guest

k so I was just at the football game and me and lauren(my other friend) were talking and we somehow got onto the Convo bout secrets. Well she was like " so I hear u told raenia a big secret" and I wiz like um idk what and she said she didn't wanna say if I didn't know and I wiz like hey watev idk what it is tell me and she wiz like um well raenia said u were gay. And I wiz just like ummmmm ya. And she just hugged me and said that it wiz ok and it wiz rily Kool that I wiz gay cuz then we can talk about hot guys and clothing LOL so ya I'm rily happy that she told her although some people would be pissed I'm sorta happy actually that's just one person that I don't have to tell myself LOL.

#9 cm25, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
  10. musican

yea, i can understand what you mean. my best friend asked if she should tell her mom and i said ok so she did. we have been close friends for 5 years and i practically live at her house so they think of me as their family too. it was a relief to hear that when my friends mom knew she said 'thats ok hes still my son'. then a couple of days ago my friend told me that her mom told one of her cousins and at first i was mad, but i realized it didnt matter. the cousin had always known because she has gaydar from hanging out with her gay friends. they talked and theyre thinking about talking to me about it; they want me to know i can talk to them about it and that it will be fine even if it doesnt seem like it now. im glad they told her because now another person knows and she has gay friends that i might talk to about me.

11. MattyPatty

That's really great, I think it's easiest for most people to come out to their friends first.

I came out to my best-friend around a year ago.. sort of under conditions I was NOT comfortable with but because of something he had said it was really hurting so I decided to tell him and he was good with it. We were a little awkward for a while, I think cause I told him while we were in our hotel room for the night, but now it's all good and he's really accepting everything. In May I came out to all of my friends and they were all really accepting and now I've started a gay straight alliance at my school :grin:

12. musican

good job on creating a gsa matty, how did you do that? was it hard?

13. MattyPatty

It wasn't hard, I knew which teachers would be the most accepting and got them to help me start it up. We've had two meetings so far with around 30 members which is a pretty big number for GSAs I've been told xD. My only issues so far is that I think my principle is homophobic and the posters I put up got torn down the first time so I'm trying again on Monday.

14. musican

wow, i know that i could find teachers that would support me, but i doubt i would get anyone to come. anyone that is gay/bi would be afraid of being harassed if the came and anyone straight would be afraid that everyone would think theyre not and harass them. i know there are closeted kids and i think a gsa would be good, but i dont think it would work out.